GIN WITH ROSEMARY AND GRAPEFRUIT
A beautiful serve with intricate herbal flavours. Ideal for banishing those winter blues and enjoying the fruits of Spring. The syrup can be made in advance, in greater quantity, and should remain fresh for a couple of weeks if stored in a sealed container in a cool, dark place.
- 50ml Yorkshire Dales Distillery London Dry Gin
- 100g caster sugar
- 1ooml water
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 100ml grapefruit juice
- Garnish with fresh pink grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary
- Prepare a simple rosemary syrup by combining the sugar, water and leaves, from the sprigs of rosemary, in a pan. Stir well, bring it to the boil and simmer gently for 3 minutes with the lid on. Turn off the heat and allow to cool and steep for a further 5 minutes before straining through a fine sieve. Discard the leaves.
- Place the gin, grapefruit juice and 30ml of the syrup into an ice filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds before straining into a tumbler. Add the garnish.